The Pashto keyboard labels are printed on clear Lexan® so the original key legend shows through; this allows you to add Pashto labels to your existing keyboard so that it becomes a bilingual keyboard (Pashto) and the original language of your keyboard). The labels are available in blue letters on clear labels (for beige and light colored keyboards) and white letters on clear labels (for dark colored keyboards). This keyboard label set is compatible with the Windows Vista supports Pashto(Afghanistan) keyboard layout used for Pashto and Dari. Windows XP, ME, 98 and95 do not have a Pashto keyboard layout for the Pashto language. You will have to provide the keyboard drivers and/or appropriate software to type in Pashto.
Pashto labels are a very economical option for creating a bilingual Pashto keyboard. The language labels use an easy peel-and-stick method to install. They will not damage the original keyboard key. The letters are printed on the underside of the Pashto labels so that the lettering will not wear out. This affords you with many years of durable use.
- Durable labels. Labels are manufactured of durable Lexan®. They won’t tear, crack, discolor, or slip off even after years of use.
- Quality Printing. The printing is on the underside of the label so the INK NEVER WEARS OFF OR SCRATCHES OFF.
- Easy to Apply. The labels are EASY TO APPLY. The labels are printed in the same sequence that they appear on the keyboard regardless of the keyboard’s original language. If necessary, labels can be cut with scissors for special installations.
- Quality Adhesive. The label adhesive firmly attaches the label in place without damaging the keyboard key or the original key legend.
- Removable. If desired, Labels may be removed without causing damage to the original key or the legend on the key.
- Accurate Die-Cutting. Labels are printed with rounded corners so they cover the key top and will not pop off in use.
- Complete Alphanumeric Set. The label sets include labels to cover all of the alphanumeric keys on the keyboard. The sets do not include the function keys, the control keys, or the numeric keypad.
- Bilingual Keyboard. The clear labels do not interfere with the original characters printed on the key.
- Durable and Flexible. Labels are flexible enough to allow you to feel the touch-typing bumps on the F and J keys.
DataCal language labels are designed to fit desktop and most laptop computer keyboards.
Label size: 7/16″ w X 9/16″ H (11mm W X 14mm H)
How to Setup an International Language in Windows
You must first configure Windows for the international language that you wish to use. After you configure Windows, you will be able to manually select the international language when you wish to use it. For additional information on language setup, see the Windows Help file system of contact Microsoft technical support.
Installing DataCal Keyboard Labels
Because Pashto/Dari text entry is right-to-left, certain characters, such as the parentheses, brackets, braces, etc. are on different keys in different software applications. For example, in Microsoft Word, the left parentheses is on the “9” key. In Microsoft WordPad, the left parentheses is on the “0” key. The keyboard label set includes labels for both configurations. You should check your software that you use the most and install the correct labels required by your software.
Typing in Windows with the Pashto/Dari Keyboard
Because Pashto/Dari uses right-to-left text entry, some applications change the location of certain keys, such as the parentheses, brackets, and braces. For example, some applications place the left parentheses on the “9” key while others place it on the”0″ key.
The Pashto/Dari for Vista label set includes dual labels to match different software applications. For example, you can select the left parentheses to be on the “9” key or the “0” key. You should check your software to see which labels match the way it types. When you know how your software types, you can then select and install the correct label on the “9”key.