The Russian (Student/Standard)keyboard labels are printed on clear Lexan® so the original key legend shows through; this allows you to add Russian labels to your existing keyboard so that it becomes a bilingual keyboard (Russian and the original language of your keyboard). The labels are available on clear labels with blue , white, red or green Russian letters. This label set allows you to create a Russian Student or Russian Standard keyboard layout; this label set does not support the Windows Vista or Windows XP Russian keyboard layout. We have the Russian Windows XP/Student labels that allows you to create a Windows XP Russian keyboard layout or the Russian Student keyboard layout.
Russian (Student/Standard) labels are a very economical option for creating a bilingual Russian (Student/Standard)keyboard. The language labels use an easy peel-and-stick method to install. They will not damage the original keyboard key. The letters are printed on the underside of the Russian (Student/Standard) labels so that the lettering will not wear out. This affords you with many years of durable use.
- Durable labels. Labels are manufactured of durable Lexan®. They won’t tear, crack, discolor, or slip off even after years of use.
- Quality Printing. The printing is on the underside of the label so the INK NEVER WEARS OFF OR SCRATCHES OFF.
- Easy to Apply. The labels are EASY TO APPLY. The labels are printed in the same sequence that they appear on the keyboard regardless of the keyboard’s original language. If necessary, labels can be cut with scissors for special installations.
- Quality Adhesive. The label adhesive firmly attaches the label in place without damaging the keyboard key or the original key legend.
- Removable. If desired, Labels may be removed without causing damage to the original key or the legend on the key.
- Accurate Die-Cutting. Labels are printed with rounded corners so they cover the key top and will not pop off in use.
- Complete Alphanumeric Set. The label sets include labels to cover all of the alphanumeric keys on the keyboard. The sets do not include the function keys, the control keys, or the numeric keypad.
- Bilingual Keyboard. The clear labels do not interfere with the original characters printed on the key.
- Durable and Flexible. Labels are flexible enough to allow you to feel the touch-typing bumps on the F and J keys.
- DataCal language labels are designed to fit desktop and most laptop computer keyboards.
Label size: 7/16″ w X 9/16″ H (11mm W X 14mm H)
Alternative Language Support
If your version of Windows does not support the language you need, there are a number of alternatives you may explore:
Alternative Keyboard Layout Sources
Many international languages require a specialized keyboard layout to be able to type. If Windows does not include the keyboard layout you need (or if you would like to create your own keyboard layout), you can consider these alternatives:
Tavultesoft Keyman. The Keyman application is similar to Parawin in that it allows the user to create new keyboard layouts and edit keyboard layouts in Windows. The product is free for personal use or personal educational use. The product does not include keyboard layouts or fonts necessary to type in a language. There are numerous keyboard layouts for many languages that you can download from various web sites at http://www.tavultesoft.com/keyman/downloads/keyboards/search.php. You must also download the appropriate fonts needed for the language you wish to use. This product does not support right-to-left text entry as required in Arabic, Hebrew and other complex scripting languages.
Microsoft Keyboard Editor (Windows 2000/XP). The Microsoft Keyboard Editor allows the user to create new keyboard layouts and edit existing layouts in Windows 2000 and XP. You can download this product for free at the following web page: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx
Microsoft Global IME (Input Method Editor). Microsoft offers a number of IME’s (Input Method Editors) that allow the user to type in complex scripting languages, such as Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc. You can get more information about these products and download them for free at the following web sites:
Many of the keyboard layout solutions above do not include the fonts necessary to type in a language. You can either purchase fonts separately or download freeware or shareware fonts from a variety of Internet sources. Some of the more extensive font collections are listed below: