The Urdu keyboard labels conform to the Urdu keyboard layout in Windows XP. The labels are printed on clear Lexan® so the original key legend shows through; this allows you to add Urdu labels to your existing keyboard so that it becomes a bilingual keyboard (Urdu) and the original language of your keyboard). The labels are available in blue letters on clear labels (for beige and light colored keyboards) and white letters on clear labels(for dark colored keyboards). This language is supported in Windows Vista and XP; other versions of Windows will require an Input Method Editor (IME) from Microsoft or third-party software.
Urdu labels are a very economical option for creating a bilingual Urdu keyboard. The language labels use an easy peel-and-stick method to install. They will not damage the original keyboard key. The letters are printed on the underside of the Urdu labels so that the lettering will not wear out. This affords you with many years of durable use.
- Durable labels. Labels are manufactured of durable Lexan®. They won’t tear, crack, discolor, or slip off even after years of use.
- Quality Printing. The printing is on the underside of the label so the INK NEVER WEARS OFF OR SCRATCHES OFF.
- Easy to Apply. The labels are EASY TO APPLY. The labels are printed in the same sequence that they appear on the keyboard regardless of the keyboard’s original language. If necessary, labels can be cut with scissors for special installations.
- Quality Adhesive. The label adhesive firmly attaches the label in place without damaging the keyboard key or the original key legend.
- Removable. If desired, Labels may be removed without causing damage to the original key or the legend on the key.
- Accurate Die-Cutting. Labels are printed with rounded corners so they cover the key top and will not pop off in use.
- Complete Alphanumeric Set. The label sets include labels to cover all of the alphanumeric keys on the keyboard. The sets do not include the function keys, the control keys, or the numeric keypad.
- Bilingual Keyboard. The clear labels do not interfere with the original characters printed on the key.
- Durable and Flexible. Labels are flexible enough to allow you to feel the touch-typing bumps on the F and J keys.
Label size: 7/16″ w X 9/16″ H (11mm W X 14mm H)
Data Callanguage labels are designed to fit desktop and laptop computer keyboards. Laptops with smaller than standard keys may not be compatible with the DataCal label sets.
How to Setup an International Language in Windows
You must first configure Windows for the international language that you wish to use. After you configure Windows, you will be able to manually select the international language when you wish to use it. For additional information on language setup, see the Windows Help file system of contact Microsoft technical support.
Setup instructions for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Setup instructions for Windows XP
Setup instructions for Windows ME
Instructions for Typing in Urdu in Windows
Many languages that use a complex script method of input, such as Arabic, Hebrew, Punjabi, Hindi, etc., require that you type two or more keys in combination to product certain characters. This system is different from the AltGr deadkey because it does not use the AltGr (i.e., the right Alt key) to produce the characters.
To type the combination characters, first press the key for the first letter in the combination; nothing will display on the screen. Next press the second letter required in the combination. When the combination is complete, it will display on the screen. Languages use more key combinations than can be listed here. The user should experiment with the language setup in Windows to see exactly what is required to produce the necessary characters using the key combinations.
There are no reviews yet!